Pròiseact Thiriodh is a short-term project to develop and demonstrate technologies for providing access to an online, searchable database of audio recordings made over the previous 40 years on the island of Tiree.
The following organisations have contributed to this project:
- Tiree Historical Society
- provided most of the funds for equipment and travel
- School of Scottish Studies
- contributed audio items from their archive, audio equipment and their metadata structure
- Edinburgh University Computing Services
- provides the WWW hosting and developed all the applications used by this project, including digitistion of the audio.
- BBC Scotland
- contributed audio items from their archive and loaned equipment for the project
- University of the Highlands & Islands Project
- provided administrative support and funds for equipment and travel
We would like to thank everyone who contributed to Pròiseact Thiriodh, especially those contributors and heirs who gave us permission to distribute their material in this way